Well, first off... I hope that everyone had (or is having) a nice holiday season. I'm back at work today and as most people probably do, I wish that my vacation could have been a little longer. But I didn't really have a choice, because it's time to get back in the swing of things!
I'm taking a little break from editing the new retailer catalog right now. It's hard to believe that the CHA Winter trade show is right around the corner, though I'm thankful for the extra couple weeks we have this year to prepare because there's still a ton to do! (It moved to mid-February from the end of January.)
Another thing that's really hard for me to believe is all that's happened in the past two years. I started working for QuicKutz when the Squeeze was still new and the dies we offered were 95% 2x2 size (the other 5% were the 2x4 alphabets, which are now all retired). QuickStampz and Icing RubOns had just come out.
Then we released the Revolution with its 4x4 cutting and embossing dies. And then the Silhouette. Then Cookie Cutter dies. In between those biggies, we've also introduced the Magpie Storage System, a new tote bag (with polka dots!), GooseBumpz phrase dies, new QuickStripz cardstock packs, Digital Design Portfolios, and some pretty awesome gift sets.
The end of December is often a time to reflect on how quickly time flies (and to think about going back to that gym membership you were so dedicated to just 11 months ago). It's been an amazing ride so far at QuicKutz, and it looks like we're just getting warmed up.
And now that I'm warming up to being back at work, that big catalog is calling for my attention... as is the next newsletter for all you QuicKutz fans on January 2nd. Plenty of new products are on their way to your retailer's shelves in the next couple months that you're going to LOVE. You'll see a ton of new stuff come out in January, and that will be followed up with some equally cool and innovative stuff at CHA in February.
At least you have that to look forward to in 2008 when you realize that you actually signed a 2-year contract last January with the gym and not a 1-year contract, which means that you have another year full of exercise-guilt ahead of you. Not that I know from experience or anything.