Darick needs your help. In less than three weeks he will climb aboard the bandwagon headed for Salt Lake City and the American Idol 2009 auditions. A few of us in the office think he's a pretty good singer and that he's got a shot at a bit of fame (and not just the reject tape). However, as with any story worth telling, there is a crisis of sorts: Darick really doesn't know what to sing. After scrutinizing the possibilities that all of his co-workers suggested, he now turns to the loyal fans of QuicKutz to provide an answer to his duress. He needs you to choose his songs... and it couldn't hurt if you provided him a few pointers while you're at it.
Just click here to view Darick's QK Community profile and send him a private message about what songs he should sing and any other tips you might have (you'll have to add him as a friend first). But before you go posting your ideas all willy-nilly, here are a few thoughts that might help your two cents be a little more useful:
1. Darick claims that each participant needs to have 3-5 songs ready for the audition of varying styles so that when the preliminary judges say, "Gee, Darick, that song was pretty good. What else have you got?" he won't accidentally bust out the Yellow Submarine song for lack of other preparation.
2. He really likes bands like Counting Crows, Dexter Freebish and Nine Days.
3. Simon probably doesn't.
4. He's already working on a grunge haircut and a permanent 5 o'clock shadow.
5. The only dance moves I've seen him pull whilst singing are the karate dance and something else that I can't really put a name on.
6. He actually is a good singer.
So thanks for all of your help. Darick thanks you from the bottom of his heart and promises to thank all of the QuicKutz fans when he wins. Okay, I made that part up, but I bet he would if we asked him to.
P.S. If you have no idea who Darick is, check out the blog post from Halloween last year.