Well, we’re off to a great start this week! We’ve had a lot of Hero Arts fans visiting . . . lovin’ that! We LOVE Hero Arts too!
I suppose you’re wanting to know who the winners are?
Are you sure?
Okay then. Here they are.
Winner of the stamps:
Michelle V who said:
“Love that Cityscape!! I also really like those stamps...would be great to have them. ;)”
Winner of the dies and embossing folder:
Melanie Arrowood who said:
“This is a fabulous idea! Incorporating two of my favorite things: Quickutz and stamping! Brilliant! I can't wait to see all the samples this week!”
Congratulations ladies! E-mail us your contact information at email@example.com and put QK/HA BLOG WINNER in the Subject line. We’ll get that right out to you!
Now, for a little eye candy!
One of my favorite combo-designers (stamps & dies) is Nichol Magouirk. She has such a way of putting it all together! It truly is eye candy! You just have to pore over all her work to soak in every little detail. For example, check out this page . . . isn’t it amazing?! Look at all the layering, so subtle, yet so wow!
QuicKutz: frame_1479, circle_scallop_LG_1178, circle_scallop_LG_1177, circle_scallop_MED_1186, flower_popup_0942, flower_1021
Hero Arts: K5232 Dot Flourish Border, S5101 Raindrop Background, CL184 Clear Design Thoughtful Messages, CL272 Clear Design All Occasion Messages, CL332 Friendship, CL284 Clear Design Friend, CL291 Clear Design Hello Circles, Small Pearl Gems
Other: Patterned Paper, Crate Paper. Cardstock, American Crafts. Brads, Sassafras Lass & Making Memories. Scallop Punch, Fiskars. Embossing Powders, American Crafts.
Here is a card from none other than Jennifer McGuire . . . Miss Hero Arts herself! This girl is sooooo incredibly talented! I think her name is synonymous with Hero Arts. Her stamping is genius! And it works beautifully on these die cut images from Silhouette! I also love her feature articles in Creating Keepsakes Magazine.
Look closely at all those little details on the card. Think you can figure out all that she did? Hmm . . . let’s see if you got it right.
- Cut “Wonderful” (phrase_wonderful_1546) title using Silhouette on white cardstock.
- Stamped “Dots and Lines” stamp with Versamark onto the “Wonderful” title and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
- Rubbed “Scattered Straw” Distress Ink over the stamped image with a Ranger Foam Inking Tool.
- Cut flourish (flourish_1019) with Silhouette on white cardstock and rubbed with “Tea Dye” Distress Ink with a Ranger Foam Inking Tool.
- Adhered all items to kraft card
- Cut “You” with Silhouette on white cardstock and inked it with yellow ink.
- Cut Butterfly (butterfly_1510) with Silhouette on white cardstock. Stamped a script Hero Arts image with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
- Added wire antenna.
- Adhered Hero Arts Pearls to the body.
I tell you, she’s genius! She made every single Silhouette shape come to life using a few Hero Arts stamps, some ink and some embossing powder. Wow!
Now boys and girls, it’s time for some more giveaways. I looooove giving stuff away! So how about we start with more incredible stamps from Hero Arts. Check out these designs!
And here’s some more totally cool dies and embossing folder from QK!
And because I’m feeling saucy, how about we throw in one of these for a prize! A $25 Silhouette download card!
Just leave a comment in today’s post and we’ll randomly choose three winners and announce them in tomorrow’s post.
And if you’re itching for some more examples, ideas, and tips & tricks, here's a few sites to look at:
Silhouette Idea Gallery
QK Idea Gallery
Hero Arts Learning
Two Peas in a Bucket: Die Cutting
Two Peas in a Bucket: Stamps
[this contest is now closed]